Monday, March 30, 2009

Video from Videopedia


Personally, I am interested in History. Even though I don't know much about the history I like searching for the information related to history. While I was browsing this website I could see many categories of video. Then I got to the "Knowledge" category where I could find 'history' there. Then I saw this video and I came up with the idea abou how to use it in my classroom later.

2 years ago, I was teaching English at Private Language School and I taught several short reading books. One of the reading book was about Pompeii. It would have been great that I had showed my students this video. It could have helped students comprehend the reading book better and they might have been interested in the reading book more.

Like my example, there are many videoes that the teacher can use in their classrooms in Videopedia. Especailly, they can be used in Content-based Instruction setting.

1 comment:

  1. Alice,
    Yes, videos certainly can be a great addition to reading a text, either before reading to help visualization or after reading to compare what learners visualized on their own with what actually happened.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete